1. your ordinary side: Demanding rehearsals before an exhausting bar-tending.
2. your extra-ordinary side: I’m a serial collector of furniture,vintage items and photos.
3. what do you brew in the pot? My roommate Jerry and his habit to sing out loud every morning!
4. had you the choice before birth would you choose to be a man or a woman?
A man.I have in the past got involved in jobs (stylist,classical ballet dancer) where female sex is very present and realized that I’m so fond of nothing women do.
5. your most precious possession: My house,my home.
6. a luxury that you owe to yourself and never abandon: A bucket of Merenda,daily…
7. a habit that can be translated into an obsession: I’m a neat freak!I put everything in “alphabetical” order..
8. the worst of all your insecurities: To be proved inadequate.
9. what can drive you to crime? Halloween in Greece!
10. your biggest fear: Well…my worst fears unfortunately came true,so I dare nothing anymore,including death.
11. a personal visualization,caption of love: “And I want to play hide-and-seek and give you my clothes and tell you I like your shoes and sit on the steps while you take a bath and massage your neck and kiss your feet and hold your hand and…” (Sarah Kane,Crave)
12. is every role a simulation of life? On stage and through this play,I can feel,observe and experience sentiments that real life doesn’t give me .It was this accidental meeting with Sarah (Kane) that cause an inner emotional fulfillment.
13. a “pain” relief apart from theater : Light,form,photography,conception.
14. a question that you always wanted to answer: Do you love me?
Alexandros Papaioannou is appearing at “Crave” (Λαχταρά-ω ) of Sarah Kane at the “Neos Kosmos Theater” every Monday and Tuesday until December 10th.
more information for the play here
(photos and interview by Gertrude Gary Milk for teapot.gr,special thanks to Gelly K. Rais and Ralph Miliband for their valuable help)